Status: Signed by a publisher, in development
60 minutes / ages 10+ / solitaire
In Castle Itter, you take control of a makeshift force that is defending a medieval castle nestled in the Austrian countryside from a Waffen-SS assault. The force consists of an American tank crew and infantrymen, Wehrmacht infantrymen, a former SS officer, French prisoners, and an Austrian resistance fighter.
Object of the Game
The goal of Castle Itter is to last until reinforcements from the 142nd Infantry Regiment arrive. In the game, this is represented by playing through a deck of SS cards.
I am looking for blind playtest groups. You can test the game using the print-and-play file links provided below or by trying the game on Tabletop Simulator.
- Card Backs (single sheet)
- Board (print at 36″ x 18″)
- Board (30″ x 15″ on six pages, US letter)
- Board (30″ x 15″ on six pages, A4)
- Defender Actions reference sheet
- SS Cards reference sheet
- Defender cards (not used in the game, reference only)
Play the Game Online
We have developed a workshop for Castle Itter on Tabletop Simulator. You can access the workshop here.
Paul Caswell has made the game available on Zuntzu gamebox.
- Best Overall Game (2nd place)
- Best Solitaire Game (1st place)
- Large Game (1st place)
- Innovative Mechanic (1st place)
- Artwork (1st place)
- Rules Writing (2nd place)
- Design Notes (2nd place)